"The unofficial word from Kennedy Towers"
Here my show-biz life unfolds. Beware that this is where I say the things that I can't on the official Corporate Entertainers website. (Check it out if you want me as your special party entertainer)

We're talking about persuasion skills, psychology and other things to stroke my ego. Comments are encouraged without any need to register, so go ahead and stroke me...

Franky Failed - And It's Important!

Hello there,
Today I have been asked to talk to school students about how they can use skills of persuasion, influence and covert psychology to advance themselves in their careers. It is the second time in 2 weeks I have been asked to share some of my ideas and know-how on the subject of influencing people and how they apply to every day life, work and social settings.

I'll be at Churchill Community College in North Tyneside today until after 7pm running workshops and lecturing on the subject of how changes in our mental attitude can literally transform the way we think about our lives, the ways in which we live them and how we succeed.

Last night we went out for a meal with some friends to Franky and Benny's. Not exactly top end restaurant but it's what the other couple fancied so we obliged, and to be honest you can do a lot worse.

Frankie and Benny's are known for offering what I'd consider mediocre food and dining experiences, for above average prices. But their saving grace is always the service and the quantity they stock on to your plate. Last night this was not the case. Every portion was skimpy, the dressings and sides were childlike and being assertive as I am I broached this with one of the waiting staff.

The waitress informed me that this was the downfall of the new head chef and that the staff too had noticed the deterioration of the meals.

It just goes to prove that when you promise something or create an expectation I am of the opinion that meeting those is a given, it should be done without thinking. However I personally go further than this, and all of my friends have this drummed in to them - I consider delivering on a promise to be just good manners, and I don't want to be just another well mannered young man. Rather, I'd like to be seen as exceptional. So I make it my personal mission to over deliver - every single time. No matter what you promise someone give them 20% MORE and believe me this will create an impression in their mind that sticks and they want to talk about.

But to under deliver - well that's why the word refund exists.

I'll be posting a video blog later this evening so please do check back for that at around 8pm. Of course if you want to be alerted as soon as my blog is updated as well as knowing what I am up to right now, please join the free online service called Twitter, it takes about 30 seconds to join and then choose to follow me at www.twitter.com/mindofkennedy

Speak later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog, contents, comments and images all (c) copyright Kennedy 2008. Visit www.mindofkennedy.co.uk for more info.
Please click if you have a blog or would like to discover ways to Make Money From Blogs